Montreal-Clubs.com complete idiot's guide to throwing a camping bashThe beauty of camping in the north east coast of the US is that you're probably going to meet more French Canadians than in Montreal. I am not making this up. You can't comment, in French, on a girl's attributes to your buddy without offending that next-tent neighbour. That same red neck that you thought spoke as much French as the Queen of England and Schwarzenegger combined.
Well you were wrong, cause that red-neck is straight from Québec, and so is his hot yet bored young daughter (and by young I mean at least 17, come on).
Camp grounds can be a pain in the arsch when you're stuck there with your family for the whole week end, while all your friends bring it to the next level back in the night clubs of Montreal.
That is where you enter the picture, as a hero and week end saviour. Camping only with your crew of friends / dowgs and no other supervision (read: girlfriend, parental unit, other) you are in the perfect position to throw a campground party, and that's exactly what your duty is. Here are a few tips into turning your little tent bash into the envy of any respectable night club promoter.
What you need
1. Props A two-four of beer (throw some ice in the case, it will keep it cold for the night), wood fire, maybe a few hot dogs, some more beer.
2. People The campground hotties. You first need to chase them down: spend the day by the pool (if your campground has no pool you're at the wrong place mate), visit the magazine rack of the camp's store, the internet connection spots, basically anything that reconnects to the "normal" world outside your camping paradise. The guys will show up on their own (as they always do) so don't worry about them at this stage.
How to do it
3. Start early (8PM) as campgrounds are an alternate universe where everybody sleeps early and wakes up early. Get a good camp fire going; distribute the beers and the hot dogs.
4. Let the DJ in you come out of the closet (as you always dreamed to do) by turning on the sound system of your car, and popping in a good mixed CD. Leave your car doors and trunk open, the sound will be better.
5. Chaperon the party, make sure everybody is drinking and having a good time.
6. Also make sure the drunken guys that tagged along don't attempt to turn off the camp fire with their bodies.
How to finish it
7. Usually at around 11 PM, campgrounds require everybody to settle down, which mean that your last call should be at 10:45 PM.
8. Direct the drunken guys towards the pool (at their own risk) and the drunken girls toward your tent or even better towards your trailer.
As of the morning after you will be known as the campground pimp, and your reputation will go on strong for many summers after your hastily departure.
Latest Article :: At the rescue of the FRINGE Festival
Archived Articles :: [ALL archived articles here]
You and me baby ain't nothing but mammals
Understanding Women Talk
Long Distance "Relationships"
Dr. Smooth is dead. Long live Dr. Smooth.
You fake fucker, You
Pray to the Cadillac
A Man Now from Cuyahoga Falls
That's Just Like...Your Opinion Dude
Hey, Dr. Smooth?
Photo Shop 2
2003: The Year of Shock and Awe
A Western Sexual Evolution
The Real Cancun
A Man from Calcutta
Catania, More than a City
New York, Self Discovery, and Transsexuals
How to Have Great Sex
A Swingers Tale
8th Wonder of the World
3- Some Etiquette
Say no to (ass) crack
Casual and Sexual
How to Pick Up Montrealers