party like it is 2000
HOME | NIGHTLIFE | EDITORIALS | CULTURE | REVIEWS | PARTIES | MONTREAL NEW YEARS | NIGHTLIFE PICS 

NYE & Random Party Listings
 :: 
 :: 
 :: 
 :: 
Montreal's Nightlife Source
> reviews of clubs, bars, pubs & lounges.
> the best tourist information
> Montreal nightlife picture gallery
> FREE events listings
> NEW YEARS EVE

[SUBMIT your review/comment for Lodge Tavern]
Rate Lodge Tavern >>
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Vote Results :: 8.5/10 [1066 votes]

<< Return to Reviews Listing

Type - Bar, Pub

Lodge Tavern
[ bar has been replaced by Pinq Taco ]

3612 Saint Laurent
SEE MAP

Tel. 514.849.6513
If traffic lights, skyscrapers, and black smog are making you weary of the concrete jungle then it is time to take refuge at the Lodge. Located in the epicenter of the jungle, St-Laurent Blvd. (north of Prince Arthur), the Lodge offers city denizens an opportunity to escape the pavement and surround yourself in a wooden ski lodge accompanied with furred stools, a big moose head, a wooden chandelier, picnic tables, and thin birch trees. However, the highlight of the décor is the mink furred waitresses, the fur is not obvious but with a hard glance you’ll find it, and if you’re lucky maybe she’ll let you pet her pelt.

The Lodge has two bars, one at the front and the other at the back. At back of the bar lays a huge plasma screen showing sporting events, thus creating a dichotomous inner struggle of city and country. The music is 70s/80s/90s top 40 and on the menu you can find burgers, steaks, and pig knuckles!!! All in all, a nice cozy place to grab a couple of drinks and savor the lodge cabin feeling.
Music 70's/80's/90's/Top 40 Hotness factor 7/10
Prices Average Chill Factor 8/10
Best Days Wednesday (Staff Night), Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday Party Factor 6/10
Pictures Dress Code Proper Attire (no baseball caps/no sandals)

 Reviewed by:  Rob


<< Return to Reviews Listing



Submit your own review/comment for Lodge Tavern.

I have to admit that I have spent an amazing evening yesterday. The dj made my night, he was playing all types of music. I honestly never heard NINE INCH NAILS mix so well with Snoop Dogg. If you are a tourist like I am, and you are reading this, check this dj and this little club.

Rating:: 10/10
2005-05-27|
nico@ | Guy|
Madrid, Spain
I can not believe that the resident DJ left. He played the best music at the lodge. What a loss that is for them. Now i deffinitly dont have a reason to go back. Does anybody know where he went?

Rating:: 1/10
2004-08-31|
icantdoit@ | Girl|
Whatever happened to those great thursday nights at Lodge. Can anyone tell me where the thursday dj went? By the way the music rocked on saturday, even if I had problems getting in. Whatever goons!!!!!

Rating:: 10/10
2004-06-14|
Jennygoesdown@ | Girl|
Montreal
O.K. here's the deal Riverman!! if that is your real name you freakin' whimp! I challenge you to raise the roof at the lodge on one of my nights. If you do it better than me, you can have my job, and at the same time becoming the next resident dj at the lodge. That's if you even dj at all. It would only take a dj to criticise another the way you do it. You are challenged. By the way my real name is Yves and you are challenged. One more thing you better hope the fat guy from gogo does not cross your path...

Rating:: 10/10
2004-03-29|
yves_laurin@ | Guy|
Montreal
I think that the music is great!!! The DJ is hot so that's why girl love to go there. You go Mr DJ play that great music!!!!!!!!!!!

Rating:: 9/10
2004-03-29|
deelite0602@ | Girl|
Montreal
Well to tell you the truth the reason the place has been a bit quiet is they got raided by the cops for being was over capacity. The cops came down hard untill they get there capacity raised so no its not the fucking DJ you Freak. its about loosing there licence for 10 days. ohhhh by the way why dont you get a life and come up with something new for once. If that DJ sucks so bad why do you keep coming back for more. I am pretty sure no one whould miss you........as for the DJ at GoGO I think he has proved why it works there..... and one last thing putz there is a reason Lodge is considered by most to be the hot spot on the weekend with a lineup that passes Angels line. y dont you hang out at angels with your little pussy pimps....smartass who just doesnt get any or should I say cant get any and that y he is crying like a little girl....hihi

Rating:: 10/10
2004-03-26|
Hahahaha@ | Girl|
Montreal
Oh my god, these people really screwed up. They could have been the next hottest spot on St-Laurent, but they went and fucked it big time. I tried going back there last week-end and the place was empty. I think that so-called resident dj fucked it up. He must have went to the the same dj school as that fat guy at Gogo...Christ!!!!

Rating:: 1/10
2004-03-25|
riverman@ | Guy|
mtl
And your point.... Y is he full of himself? is it because he didn't play your song. This place rocks and the music is fucking awesome

Rating:: 10/10
2004-02-14|
joeblow@ | Guy|
For god's sake can these guys get a real dj on week ends, this guy is full of himself.

Rating:: 5/10
2004-02-06|
riverman@ | Guy|
montreal
The lodge is fuckin awesome..

Rating:: 10/10
2004-01-06|
nfglove@ | Girl|
Hamilton
Awesome!

Rating:: 9/10
2003-10-24|
BETTYBOOP_069@ | Girl|
Ste. Adele
This place has such a great vibe. The music is great and so are the staff. What a place to party from wednesday to Saturday. This is as much of a fun place as GoGo lounge

Rating:: 10/10
2003-10-21|
goofy__1@ | Guy|
Montreal

Fields with an asterix are mandatory
Name/nickname
Email *
Your email will be invisible to other users, but they could still contact you.
City
Age
Sex *FemaleMale
Comment text *

(absolutelly no HMTL allowed, or you will get blocked from the site)
Rate Venue
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
HOME | NIGHTLIFE | EDITORIAL | CULTURE | NIGHTCLUB REVIEWS | SPECIAL EVENTS
MESSAGE BOARD | MONTREAL NIGHTLIFE PICS | TOURIST INFO | NEW YEARS 2016
MONTREAL NEW YEAR'S EVE CALENDAR | MONTREAL-CLUBS CLOTHING | MONTREAL SOUVENIRS & GIFTS
ARCHIVED ARTICLES | ABOUT US